Stirling Project


I have been looking more into lighting in Renderman.

I followed a tutorial that involves re creating lighting and materials from a scene file supplied by Pixar.

Renderman Tutorial Link

Here is the material I started from. I'm lighting it with a HDRI provided in the tutorial files.


After some tweaking this is the first set of materials I added. The render is a bit grainy, especially on the inside of the car and in the headlights.


Here I have changed the wheels texture slightly. I have also added texture to the tyres and the inside of the headlights. I did with with a ramp node plugged into the bump map on the material, which I really liked the workflow of, as its really fast to add some nice detail without leaving Maya.


This is more of the studio set up shown in the tutorial. Created using a Renderman area lamp and blockers, which I found difficult to configure, although I do like the effect and it is more in line with what a studio photographer would use.

This render is also very grainy, I cleaned it up in nuke somewhat however its still clear on the bonnet. I'd definitely like to get better with efficiency in Renderman as I've found sometimes renders can be very slow and sometimes they can be much more reasonable.



Popular posts from this blog

Big Top Plastic Shaders

Completed Title Sequence

Life Drawing - Session 1