Maya Ocean Shaders

Harry from our live brief group has looked at oceans in Modo and we have decided to press ahead with that workflow.

I did still see it as an opportunity and potentially contingency to look into mayas Ocean shaders.



I was suprised at how simple they were to set up and tweak. It was quite easy to work with and the results in these stills are ok for some quick work.

I started to notice the flaws when I rendered the ocean shader, though. It doesn't look to bad but it's just too repetitive off into the distance, the peaks of the waves are to similar and too neatly aligned.
I imagine there are ways to negate this, and I would like to come back to ocean shaders when I have more time but for now I have to focus on other parts of the proejct.


Popular posts from this blog

Big Top Plastic Shaders

Completed Title Sequence

Life Drawing - Session 1