Lee Griggs

In preparation for presenting our VFX work to Fashion Photography and 2nd year Film students I want to build up my portfolio with some more abstract rendering. I was researching and came across Lee Griggs blog, I was really amazed by some of the work he's done.

One of the things I was really interested in was these XGen Cubes
I've seen images like this before and I just love them, they are so detailed and textured and the fact that you can create them from basically any image and see a representation of it like this is so interesting. Its like looking at an image from a perspective that doesn't exist in the real world, that you couldn't picture.


The images can be created from any base picture. Some of them you can look at and guess what they are made from, I think some of Lee's are made from biology pictures, or satellite photos.
I really love the style of them, the way he renders them makes you think they are real, close up photos, of tiny 3D prints.

I would love to be able to reach this level of quality in the renders I create, I'm going to keep looking into more and creating my own more abstract, "arty" renders.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Drawing - Session 1

Big Top Plastic Shaders

Renderman Conversion Script