Digest This
A bit of a late post with this one but here is my first group project, working with a few people from my course to come up with short film idea, then take it through early planning and storyboarding, to filming, editing and effects.
I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, I worked the camera and played my part in editing and the sound design.
The whole process really opened my eyes to how difficult shooting, even for a short, really is. The amount of planning and preponderation that goes into feature length productions is astounding. I was surprised at how much we needed our planning, and how much more I wish we had done.
I have found that I really enjoy operating cameras, there is just something about the job that I really like doing, and I hope I'll get more opportunities to do it now this project is over.
For a first attempt at any film project, I think we did a decent job.