3rd Year FIlm Pitches

And finally the big 3rd year film pitches have come around!We're fully underway working now and that means me and Tim finally got the chance to pitch our 360° Stop Motion short film idea in front of around 200 people! including other students from all years, lecturers and a panel of industry professionals.

Unfortunately it wasn't our day and we didn't get put through to go into production, which means we can't make the film as we had originally planned, but are hopefully going to be able to work the 360° element and technique into another production to help its promotion. The pitch itself was a great opportunity though, I am far more confident pitching now that I was in my first year.

So although we won't be directing our own short we can still put to use all the R&D, planning and testing that we did during our 2nd year, and I  think it's gonna work out nicely!

As far as productions for me the opportunity has come up for on The Big Top, which instead of puppets is now using 3D rendered characters composited onto stop motion backplates. Which is a really good oppertunity for some interesting look dev, lighting and compoisiting which is my main area of study! So I'm really looking forward to the challenge ahead on that.

Dino Diner will also be translated into 3D so I will be a part of the 3D team for that film, in lighting, rigging, compositing and possibly animation.I have also joined the 2D film Business Dog, which I really loved the pitch and idea for. It will be interesting to work on comp for a 2D production as I often think comp is something that is overlooked by standard 2D films to come out of Falmouth.

So really looking forward to the year ahead and all the work that we are gonna get to do! Bring it on!






Popular posts from this blog

Life Drawing - Session 1

Big Top Plastic Shaders

Renderman Conversion Script