MEL for Rigging
This weeks modeling and rigging session was focused on using MEL. Having used some before I did have a starting point but I learnt how to get around some problems I had before. Mainly by avoiding having specific names in more complicated commands, by adding the ".translate" onto the end of variables.
We also learnt how to add selections to variables, and it helped me understand how Maya sees scripts that you have open and running in the program.
This is just a simple script that connects the translate, scale and rotate values of a first selected object, to a second selected object. It's somewhat useful but could be improved upon to give it more options, but it is a good example of little quick scripts that will come in handy for rigging.
When I'm doing rigs in future I will look for opportunities to practice writing little scripts, even if it takes me longer to begin with, the more practice I get the quicker I will get at writing them. Also once I have written a quick rigging script, I can use it the next time I come to that situation.
