11 Second Club Progress
Here is my close to final version of my 11 Second club work, using the sound clip from September 2015. The clip is from Back to the Future as I said in my last post about this task.
I got a lot of really useful feedback from different lectures that have helped me get to this point. Its changed a lot from the original but the main actions remain the same, with some more added.
I didn't do any video reference for this but watching it now, I feel like they are over acting, there is a lot of movement when the characters are speaking and I feel like it would look better if the bigger actions happened when they weren't talking.
I still feel like I did quite well, but I think the big actions during the speaking make it feel like the characters aren't actually doing the talking, because they don't seem to be focused on the talking, but on the actions.
This is definitely something I'll bare in mind as I go forward, as well as better planning out of scenes with more thumbnails.
One thing I found really useful whilst doing this was watching feedback videos for past 11 Second club winners. Who get feedback from professional Animators in the Industry. I found listening to what they were saying really made me notice things in my work, and I became aware of some more things that I need to get worked out right at the start of my animation.
One thing I don't want to do anymore is work out camera angles after I have started working. I can now see why its much better to have them down rather than animate then try to find the best spot, if you do it before you can actually tailor the animation to work with the frame, for things like drawing the viewers eye. Although ideally I guess you want to work out the animation and where it is happening in the frame in thumbnails and storyboards, right at the begging on pen and paper.