Dance Project

Here is my finished dance project, the last animation pronciple task of year 1 at Falmouth!

We were given the clips from BBC One's "Strictly Come Dancing" to use as reference, we had to make at least 10 seconds of animation.

I chose this video as my reference:



And this is the bit of animation I produced:



I am happy with what I made but I think I did go about it from the wrong angle, in dance the movement is different to what normal movement is like and what I was used to, I think the movements could have been a bit snappier and more refined, as it was dance.

I do like it though, tackling the lift was interesting, there was a lot of blending between FF and IK controls on the rigs, and a lot of constraints being turned on and off and different points.

The constraints were a real problem in this scene file, a lot of them kept breaking or clashing with each other which had me taking them all out and putting them back in one by one eventually.

I decided to finally look into cloth simulation as it seemed fitting to the project, it was simple to set up, but as I expected it didn't fare well on the lift, so it took some working out how to get around that, but I think it did look pretty smooth by the end.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Drawing - Session 1

Maya Roundup #5

Big Top Plastic Shaders