3D Enviroment Module Project
This is the outcome of one of the last pieces of work in the first year, final 3D environment.
This was the original picture I found online:
I made this edit to make it more suitable for the camera projection, and just to practice some new skills in Photoshop:
Then I took the image into Maya, built up the geometry using the perspective of the image and projected the texture onto the geometry.
Because of the camera move I was doing, I had to take this one step further and bake down the projection into a standard texture with UV's. This allowed me to take the textures into Photoshop and edit them like normal, I did this to remove some of the errors on walls where the texture from one part had been projected behind onto another wall. Once the textures had been edited it was just a matter of putting the backdrop in, and rendering it out.
I thought this technique was really good to learn. I have found a way to work out the camera details you need to use this for any image, which means I don't have to rely on Full Frame images taken online, but I can use my own, which I have already started to do here:


