Maya Roundup #5

This is a little collection of the last few things I did in my freetime at Uni before I came home for summer. I had to wait till I was home to get everything rendered out before I could upload anything.


I'm pretty pleased with this. It was the first time I tried to use the rigs with the strechy limbs turned on and I think it turned out fairly well. I wanted to spend a lot of time on the poses and I think it paid off. I think for the way I work I prefer to go through straight forward, not going pose to pose, just because it is easier to get the timing right this way. I'm not sure which is faster, this way or pose to pose but that is something I'll figure out as I keep working.


This was a slightly longer project I was doing. I started out just doing the simple character animation. I noticed some of my work was quite slow sometimes so I knew I wanted to make something with a lot of fast movement. After I had the animation roughed out I decided I wanted to put more effort into the set of this sequence. I decided on a small cave for the interior. And I wanted a tree for the outside as well as some fog. The fog was fairly simple to set up, as was the tree however the Tree was based off of "Paint Effects" And I felt like where I had some control, I didn't have total control over the design, however it was quick and easy to get the tree to blow in the wind nicely.

Learning how to make an animateable tree of my own design is something I want to learn, otherwise all the trees I make will look very similar.


This was another quick practice sequence. I got the idea off of this 11 Second Club post, which lists a lot of practice exercise ideas. Out of these 3 this is the one I'm least pleased with. I think I didn't think about it as much as I should have done and the movement just looks a little unnatural sadly, maybe I will try this again later in Summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Drawing - Session 1

Big Top Plastic Shaders