Wall Push

This is my first time using a fully rigged character in Maya. I'm finding that fundamentally Blender and Maya are very similar and transferring over to Maya is easier than expected.


This is another simple animation, before this session I had dismissed using FK rigs and always converted characters into IK. Now I am seeing how animation can be more fluid when using FK and will be using it more often in future.

The main aim of the session was to learn how to swap rigs manually between FK and IK setups. When the character pushes the box his hands convert from FK to IK to make sure that when he is doing the pushing action his hands to not go through the box and the action is easier to animate.

I had a lot of difficulty with changing the time of the movements after the change between IK and FK had been put in. I need to work on getting into the habit of the layered approach to animation in which I put down all the basic movement and timing first, then going back over and adding detail and refining the animation. At the moment I feel like I get to carried away to early on.

Popular posts from this blog

Big Top Plastic Shaders

Completed Title Sequence

Life Drawing - Session 1